On March 10, 2021, one of the most attractive Hollywood actresses, Sharon Stone, turned 63 years old. The charismatic Stone is famous not only for her beauty, but also for having one of the highest IQ levels, a kind heart, a straightforward personality, and of course, loads of talent.
We decided to recall the most unusual facts about the life of this stunning and smart woman who has always lived by her own rules. Very soon, her book, The Beauty of Living Twice will be released where she honestly describes her childhood, what it was like working on some of the biggest movies of her life, and her personal life.
Sharon Stone in her first role in Stardust Memories.
- The actress became a star at the age of 34 when the provocative thriller, Basic Instinct, was released in 1992. Before that, she was a model and had supporting roles in films. Her godfather in the film industry was Woody Allen — Stone debuted in his film, Stardust Memories.
- Before Stone, many other actresses auditioned for the same part in Basic Instinct, and all of them refused to take on the role because of the famous nude scenes along with other reasons. Among them were Julia Roberts, Meg Ryan, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Brooke Shields. When a beautiful but little-known actress was hired, Michael Douglas almost turned down the role — he suggested for Demi Moore or Michelle Pfeiffer to be in the film. But the production ended up becoming a big hit that made Stone a star.
- After the film was released, Stone couldn’t get used to being popular. In fact, it was so hard for her that she even visited a therapist. She says that she was learning to see the difference between the real her and who she was on-screen.
- Stone is believed to be one of the smartest actresses in Hollywood: her IQ level is 154, and her fans often compare her to Elon Musk, who has an IQ of 155. Stone enrolled in a university at the age of 15 to study art and literature but she didn’t finish. Instead, she sighed a contract with a modeling agency and worked in New York, Paris, and Milan. It’s interesting that Stone returned to the same university in 2016 to finish her education.
- Stone is famous as a person that’s not only interested in the world of movies. In 2013, Stone received the Peace Summit Award for her work with HIV/AIDS sufferers.
- Once, Stone paid Leonardo DiCaprio’s salary with her own money. The actress wanted him to be with her in The Quick and the Dead. The young actor was not a newcomer, but not many people knew about him. This film is considered to be one of the drivers of his career.
- The actress has been married twice and really wanted to have children. She wasn’t able to have a child, so she adopted 3 boys. She adopted her first son in 2000 when she was married to Phil Bronstein. Soon after, the actress went through a really tough time — she suffered a stroke and had to work hard to restore her speech, vision, and ability to walk.
- Her personal life went south too: she divorced her husband who wanted custody of their son. The court decided that Bronstein would have custody, so the boy stayed with him. Stone felt very betrayed.
- After her health trouble and the loss of her family, the actress started doing public work and charity projects connected with the needs of people with blood circulation issues in their brains.
- After she recovered, Stone adopted 2 more children. She did a lot to ensure their lives stayed private, so it’s hard to find photos of them on social media. Today, the children are 20, 15, and 14, respectively. Sometimes, the actress says that she might adopt one more child and is even open to a hypothetical partner in life.
- Stone doesn’t talk about her personal life very often but she did divulge about one funny thing. Not too long ago, she decided to make a profile on a dating website. Her profile was blocked by the administrators right away because they thought it was fake. Stone shared this story on her Instagram page.
- The actress has said many times that there are certain age standards in Hollywood, and actors that are older than 40 might see a fast dive in their earnings. This is what happened to her when at the age of 40, she had to deal with the consequences of having a stroke and raising children. But she’s had some interesting projects come her way, even though there haven’t been many.
- For example, in the Netflix show, Ratched, Stone portrays the mother of one of the patients of the psychiatric facility — a glamorous sociopath, Lenore Osgood.
We really love this actress. Do you know any facts about her life that we forgot to mention?